May 11, 2009

Good band, good visual, good music but very bad labeling marketing .

I think (in my personal and humble point of view) that some band push by the Majors should deserve a much better treatment in regards of the branding / labeling.

Last month (or maybe more) I've stumbled across a billboard on my way to work in the tram M8. A very kind of new-wave industrial look on it. The only thing that I was able to recognize when I was asking my self "what the f... is that product/show/art/anything these people wanted to say" was the distinctive square representing a album cover art.

The only wording on the billboard were "Command" and "Client" in bold red and outlined. Ok now for those you still don't know, WE ARE IN 2000 fucking 9. Meaning that those two words "Command" and "Client" are SO freakingly over used in this cyberworld for the last 20 years.

HELL-0

Let me clear this up right now. I don't have anything to say about concept-band. Specifically All-Female ultra stylish design with an over use of beat-box and cheesy keys. Yes I like that. One thing I hate and that truly wish every one can understand it is for an artist that communication is very import as much as your art. If the people cannot recognize you or even find you in the internet, you are left alone.

My point is that I like them, would like see them in concert and event but their album but I totally wish that they can get a better communication director from their record label to push them where they should be in the chart.


So here is "Client"

I very enjoy their dominant-military-uniform look they have. The music is not bad at all and their video are very beautiful and well done. Enjoy this one.


.

Buy the new album Command from Amazon.com
.

No comments: